Hey You, Queer Tech, We Need You!
You wanna be the first to watch the next Pink Screens edition wonderful films... in your little room or from the projection booth of an empty Nova cinema? This announcement is for You!
Pink Screens is looking for a group of volunteer technicians to assist with the delivery of the films to our beautiful festival and ensure every film reaches the screen looking and sounding its best.
The job involves:
- Downloading links
- Copying files from drive to drive
- Ticking off arrivals on spreadsheets and/or online tools
- Converting text files to srt
- and watching progress bars...
yep sorry still working the old way ;-)
but it involves also skilled tasks that need a human touch like
- Watching files and DCPs delivered and checking for problems
- Corresponding with filmmakers to assist in fixing problems
- Encoding DCPs
- Managing subtitles files
- Monitoring the delivery with the programmation team
- Managing the tests at our partnered cinemas in collaboration with the associated teams
- Installing the needed screening material (subtitles) in our partnered cinemas
- Ensuring the technical permanences throughout the festival...
We are looking for people with:
- Experience in projection, post-production or filmmaking on the technical side
- Understanding of file formats, codecs etc
- A keen eye for video quality
- Ability to work in an ordered, methodological manner
- Ability to work in a team
- Commitment to the importance of presenting films the way they should be
Flexible hours, starting end August and continuing through to end November 2021. Potential of continuing work throughout the year. Work can be structured around your availability so please include this in your statement of interest.